2) Essie cocktail bling nail lacquer.
3) Picasso ivory pattern soft long scarf/stole.
4) Topshop moto stone high waisted Jamie jeans.
5) Topshop pink tonal fleck tee.
6) Topshop Maria Eva grey leather loafers.
7) Me & Zena *spin the bottle* heart ring in gold/pastel.
8) Me & Zena *lucky horseshoe* necklace in silver/sugar pink.
9) Cath Kidston antique brass cream heart small drop earrings.
10) e.l.f. studio matte lip colour in coral.
11) Grey and mint spot colour block zip top clutch bag.
12) Karen Millen modern classic flapover turnlock purse in stone.
13) ASOS pastel enamel bunting statement necklace.
14) Me & Zena *broken heart* ring in gold.
I personally love the 'Pastels' trend that hogs the springtime year in and year out as every year it is very well received by all. Notwithstanding the obvious, my interpretation of this trend in four words is that its cute, subtle, comfortable and laid back at the same time. However, for me, it is not just the clothes, shoes, bags and scarves that excites me around this time of the year, the jewellery is equally mesmerising. Me & Zena - jewellery for the unruly - like me, have some lovely pieces of jewellery at the moment that I find fits faultlessly with this trend. Right now, Me & Zena have alot of their jewellery discounted so its a great time to update the jewellery collection. My favourite has to be the *spin the bottle* heart ring in gold/pastel (which I have had my eye on for ages), and merrily it has already finished its journey from the shopping basket to the checkout :)
Regardless of how much I love this trend and try to incorporate it into my daily fashion as much as my budget allows, I have never ever ventured into wearing pastel jeans (oops). The closest I've ever got to that is braving a pair of stone washed jeans, having said that, this year I am challenging myself to change that. The Topshop jeans always fit me like a dream so I have decided to initiate from there. I've opted for the stone colour above, not conventionally very pastel I know, but if anyone can recommend me any 'safe' pastel colours for a pastel jeans virgin than that will make me very happy...... big smiley face *_*
As for that pink tonal fleck tee, I can picture myself wearing it to death! Neat and very understated.
I think spring is definitely the time when all my flats/pumps/loafers come out in full swing and I know for sure the Maria Eva grey leather loafers will be a lovely spring wardrobe addition. These would look great under some pastel jeans. Speaking of shoes, I am loving what the shops have to offer right now in their footwear section, I have seen a rainbow of colours adorn the shelves...... apricots, lilacs, minty greens etc.
The only way is pastel nail polish! Especially for those who would like to embrace this trend in a non-condescending manner. I have chosen Essie cocktail bling nail lacquer as it is a universal shade which in my opinion will go with everything aswell as aiding in tying the whole look together.
Here is to pastels and spring :)
What are your wardrobe staples for spring? What do you think of pastels overall?