Thursday 3 February 2011

House of flies: Its a gem thing.

Ok, I have to admit, I have somewhat re-found my fascination with watching 'GemsTV' again. I used to watch it a long time ago but my interest in watching teleshopping channels died sooner than expected. Well, I was watching it the other day with my mum, and although she slagged off every piece (something she has seemed to have got better in doing lol), I was quite taken aback with a couple of the lovely pieces of jewellery/gemstones featured. Later, I had a quick look on GemsTV's official website for the beautiful black agate necklace which I saw getting sold on the show for £89.00 but didn't have much luck, I'm sure one will probably pop up on eBay sometime soon, I'm staying hopeful :)

Watching the show made me realise how much fine jewellery-wearers love their gems, I certainly do! My jewellery box is full of many gems: precious, semi precious, some old and some new. I remember my first valuable ring had a heart shaped opal in the middle which was surrounded by clear cubic zirconia (CZ) stones. Sadly I grew out of it, but 13 years later my mum found me a very similar one, an oval shaped opal surrounded by clear CZ stones. I love this ring and wear it nearly always as its both classic and vintage looking.
Multigemstone jewellery can look beautiful when worn with the right outfit and in the right proportion and can also be your not so typical type of statement jewellery. I personally love statement jewellery but I have to say that I'm not a big fan of wearing all my gems together, but after looking at some of the multi-gem pieces of fine jewellery on the Solange Azagury Partridge website (http://www.solangeazagurypartridge.com/), I might have to make an exception.
18ct gold plique-a-jour and multistone necklace.

18ct Blackened white gold, diamond, emerald, sapphire, ruby and multicoloured gem set earrings and ring.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...